In order for your body to work optimally without pain or weakness, your spine/pelvis and other joints must be well-aligned and be moving through a smooth, full range of movement. If one area is compromised, it will have a detrimental effect on the rest of the body, leading to symptoms of pain, weakness, pins and needles, swelling and a reduced range of movement and that is where Physiotherapy treatments assist you.
When you come to the clinic, we will work to re-align all the joints that are compromised, to address your pain and aid your rehabilitation. In other words, we treat the cause and not the effect.
We treat all problems relating to:
- spinal/pelvic injuries
- pelvic girdle and groin pain
- post/ante-natal pain
- work and sport-related injuries affecting all areas of your body
Pain can be caused by :
- trauma related to falls
- over-stretching or impact
- over-use injuries caused by computer work or excessive gym/sports activities
- joint mal-alignments insidiously causing excessive pressure on certain joints, ligaments or muscle
Techniques employed include:
- joint mobilisation/muscle energy/recoil
- massage and acupressure
- electrotherapy including ultrasound, interferential therapy and transcutaneous nerve stimulation (TNS)
We are up to date in all physiotherapy treatments and we are constantly updating our skill set by attending courses throughout the course of the year.We not only hone use existing treatments but we add new physiotherapy treatments as they become available and have been proven to be effective.